I’ve been super MIA for the last month and I apologise! I have super exciting things happening right now that I can’t wait to share with everyone soon! In the meantime, I’m hoping to get back into the swing of blogging more regularly for June (starting with my new review for Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel). One of the things on my blogger ‘to do list’ is to complete the tags some of my favorite bloggers have been so kind to include me in. So a big shoutout to both Reader Voracious and This Dark Material for tagging me in The Sunshine Blogger Award! Be sure to check out their amazing book blogs and give them a follow!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
I’m going to be super brave and attempt to answer both Reader Voracious and This Dark Material’s questions in this post. I don’t want to pick between the two so I might as well answer them all! Here we go!
Questions from Reader Voracious:
1. What was your inspiration to start a book blog?
I used to run a very small blog for about half a year that was just book reviews. I didn’t do any engagement with the wider book blogging community so I eventually became bored/too busy to keep going with it. I caught the blogging bug again after Christmas last year because I read so much and love sharing the books I read with other people.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since the end of December 2017. So I’m still new!
3. What is your favorite book, and why?
I can never answer this question consistently. There have been numerous books that have had an impact on me in various ways, but I’m going to go with The Shining by Stephen King and American Gods by Neil Gaimon as the ones that influenced me personally as well as my reading preferences the most.
4. Who is your hero?
I look up to Stephen King in terms of my own writing. Emma Watson and Kate Winslet I’ve always looked up to for their kindness and grace.
5. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Completing and defending my Master’s Thesis. Seeing a massive project like that from start to finish felt amazing despite the sleepless nights and long days in the library.
6. Which blog post are you most excited about?
I always get really excited writing book reviews. It’s so exhilarating putting your opinions out into the world.
7. What would you sing on a karaoke night?
Something by the Backstreet Boys. Loud and proud!
8. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chicken Caesar Salad. My ultimate weakness. And extra saucy buffalo wings.
9. What is the last movie you saw, and what did you think of it?
I just re-watched 10 Cloverfield Lane when it was on TV last week and it was just as amazing and tense as the first time I saw it. John Goodman is an incredible actor.
10. Is your glass half full or half empty?
I would say 70% of the time my glass is half full. But I tend to be a worrier.
11. What has been your biggest blogging challenge that you have overcome?
Getting up the nerve to hit that ‘Publish’ button. I still have some confidence issues with it but it’s getting easier!
Questions from This Dark Material:
1. You have the opportunity to ask your favorite author one question, and they have to tell the truth. Which author do you choose and what do you ask them?
I would ask J. K. Rowling if she’s enjoying the Harry Potter universe as much as she did when she first started writing it. I’m curious if the novelty fades over time or if she’s fallen more and more in love with the amazing world she’s built.
2. What is one book you hid from your parents when you were younger?
I don’t think I ever hid anything from them, they were never really restrictive of what I was reading.
3. If you could try the cuisine of any fictional world, which one would you choose?
I want nothing more than to feast in the Great Hall at Hogwarts.
4. Who is your favorite fictional detective?
I don’t really have a favourite, I need to read more mysteries!
5. Which Winnie the Pooh character are you most similar to?
I love this question! I have an Eeyore tattoo on my wrist but he’s probably the character I relate to the least (but I love the most). I would say I’m probably the most like Tigger around people I know and Piglet around strangers.
6. What ‘accessories’ do you need with you when you read (drink, blanket, music, etc.)?
The holy trinity: a cup of tea, a blanket, and incense.
7. What is one book you read just because you liked the cover?
I had an author contact me recently to read and review his book and I was intrigued by the cover before I even read the synopsis. And my instincts were right because I’m really enjoying it so far.
8. Which fictional character do you wish would “write” a memoir?
Another Harry Potter answer but… Luna Lovegood was the first character that came to mind. I’d love to hear her thoughts on everything that happened during her time at Hogwarts and more insight into her family and home life.
9. What is your favorite animated movie not made by Disney?
Anastasia, hands down.
10. Pencil or pen?
As much as I love how pen looks I prefer writing in pencil because I’m a terrible speller and hate scratching mistakes out instead of erasing them.
11. Polka dots or stripes?
Polka dots all day every day. I own an embarrassing amount of polka dot dresses.
I’m not going to do 11, but here are five wonderful blogs I think you should all check out!
questions for my nominees:
- What’s the first book you remember reading (or having read to you?)
- Tea or coffee?
- Do you have any pets? Share a photo of them if you’re comfortable!
- What song can’t you get out of your head or what’s your favourite song right now?
- Do you have a favourite reading snack?
- Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre during a movie because it was so bad?
- What’s your favourite book to film adaption?
- What’s your least favourite book to film adaption?
- Library or bookstore?
- If you could live in any city in the world, where would you choose?
- Do you have any blogging goals for this year?